I have run courses for all abilities – from 8-year-olds to post-doctoral researchers. I typically offer a 3-day metrology and quality foundation course. This is suited to both industrial engineers and undergraduate students who want to get a solid grasp of metrology, uncertainty
I’m also able to offer bespoke training, get in touch if you want to discuss this with me. Regardless of your level, my talent is making fundamental concepts clear and relevant. I distill the cutting-edge research and give you just what you need to know.
Courses I deliver through 3rd party providers:
- Fundamentals of Metrology and Quality: This is a 3-day course I have designed for SAE covering topics such as uncertainty of measurement, Gage R&R and instrument capability. You can book this course directly with SAE International.
- I deliver 8 hours of the Advanced Manufacturing and Assembly module which is a 3rd-year Mechanical Engineering module at the University of Bath. I developed this section of the course in 2015 as metrology was not previously covered by undergraduates.
- Quality Engineering and Measurement: A 2-week intensive MSc module taught as part of the Global Production Engineering and Management MSc at the Vietnamese-German University (VGU). I have taught this module since 2014. VGU is a subsidiary of the Technical University of Berlin, based in Ho Chi Minh City. Contact the VGU for more information.
You can find out more about my wider industrial expertise here.
Metrology and Quality foundation course
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Clearly define concepts such as error, true value, repeatability, reproducibility, and uncertainty
- Evaluate the uncertainty of a measurement
- Understand what a Gage R&R Study tells about a measurement
- Understand the difference between Gage R&R and Uncertainty
- Determine whether a measurement is capable